Employer Online terms and conditions of use
The following terms and conditions apply when you use the Government Employees Superannuation Board's (GESB) Employer Online functionality to access functions pertaining to Employer Online. Your use of the service indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use the service.
If you have any questions regarding Employer Online or these conditions, please contact GESB for assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
- What is Employer Online?
- Access to Employer Online
- Your conduct
- Your password
- Accuracy of information
- Availability of Employer Online
- Termination or suspension of access
- Changes to these conditions
- Clearing House terms and conditions
What is Employer Online?
It is an interactive internet based service that allows authorised employers to submit employee superannuation information, such as salary and contributions details, to GESB.
Access to Employer Online
Only registered and authorised persons can access and use Employer Online using their Employer log on information. The Employer log on information consists of a GESB Employer Number, a user ID and password. To gain authorisation, an employer must first complete the registration process and be using the recommended software. Each employer must nominate an Administrator. GESB and the employer administrator will be able to authorise access for nominated employees. Throughout this document, 'you' and 'your' refers to the Administrator and all employees authorised to access the Employer Online site.
You agree that you will not use our Employer Online service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited.
In particular, you agree not to:
- publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate
- use any automated scripting tools or software
- engage in or promote any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming via our website
- impersonate any person or entity
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available using the website any material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual obligation or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware
- breach any applicable laws or regulations, and
- use the website to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others
It is a requirement of Employer Online that all persons authorised to access the Employer Online site maintain a password. The Administrator and each authorised employee will be responsible for his or her own password.
- It is your responsibility to protect your password from becoming known to a third party
- You can be liable for unauthorised actions carried out by unauthorised persons who use your employer log on information.
- You must not keep your password in any form, encoded or decoded, in a location where it may be copied or used by any other person, including any password saving facility
- You must not give, show or tell your password to anyone, including family, friends, or financial advisers
- You must exit this system as soon as you have finished using it, by clicking on the Exit button
- Employer Online allows you three (3) attempts to enter your password. After the third failed attempt to enter your password, your password will be temporarily disabled and you will be denied access to this system, until such time that you have had your password reset by contacting GESB on firstname.lastname@example.org
- For your privacy and protection we recommend that you change your password on a regular basis.
- You must notify us immediately if you know or suspect that your password has become known to a third party, or if you know or suspect any unauthorised use of your password
If you know or suspect someone knows your password, please email GESB on email@example.com
Accuracy of information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the information that we make available to you through Employer Online is correct.
You must satisfy yourself as to the correctness of any information by making your own independent enquiries or by seeking written confirmation of the information received from Employer Online. It is your responsibility to contact us if you think there has been a mistake in a transaction made through the service, or you believe information received through the service is incorrect.
Availability of Employer Online
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure Employer Online is available to our employers. It is your responsibility to contact us via another means (email, fax, phone or in person) if the functions you require are not available on Employer Online.
We are not responsible or liable for any failure of Employer Online to perform in whole or part any function, which we have specified it will perform. We are also not responsible or liable for the unavailability of the service, or delays or errors in the execution of any transaction, because of the failure of the communication network, or any other equipment or circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue with Employer Online. In the event we exercise our right to modify or discontinue Employer Online we will not be liable to you or any third party.
Termination or suspension of access
We may terminate or suspend your access to Employer Online at any time, for any reason, but in particular if we believe there has been fraudulent access to your superannuation information, or if your account is being accessed contrary to these terms and conditions of use.
We are not responsible for terminating access to the Employer Online service in the event of fraudulent use and will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a consequence of the fraudulent use of any Employer's Online benefit information that is beyond our reasonable control.
You may choose to terminate your access to Employer Online, at any time, by notifying us in writing. If you wish to cancel your access to Employer Online due to suspected or known fraudulent access to your accounts, please advise us of this reason when cancelling your access so we may act as a matter of urgency.
In certain circumstances, we may with or without notice, notify and provide any relevant information to the appropriate authorities.
If your access to Employer Online is suspended or ceased for any reason, the disclaimers and limitations of liability by GESB will remain in force and effect, however you will no longer be authorised to access the GESB website.
Changes to conditions
GESB reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions, without prior notification by publishing the varied Conditions of Use on this website from the date of effect of the changes. You accept that by doing this, we have provided you with sufficient notice of the variation.
Copyright of this web site is owned by GESB.
Any trade marks used in this web site are the property of their respective owners.
Government Employees Superannuation Board: includes we, our, us and GESB.
Employer Number: refers to the identification number that GESB has developed and provided to you.
Employer Online: means the website provided by GESB that enables you to access your GESB employer account details, and also includes the service.
Employer log on information: means your Employer Number, user ID and password.
References to 'you', 'your' are references to the person(s) accessing this website.
Date of Publication - 1 December 2010
Clearing House terms and conditions
Employers who use the Clearing House service are subject to the Clearing House terms and conditions.
Thank you for printing this page. Remember to come back to gesb.wa.gov.au for the latest information as our content is updated regularly. This information is correct as at 27 September 2017.