How to apply for insurance
If you’re a GESB Super or West State Super member, you have automatic access to three types of insurance cover:
- Death (including Terminal Illness) cover
- Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD) cover
- Salary Continuance Insurance cover
These can be tailored to suit your individual needs. Here’s how you can apply to increase your insurance cover if you have only basic cover or apply for cover if you currently don’t have insurance with us.
- Time it takes
It could take up to 20 minutes to complete the online form
- Hardest thing
- Working out how much insurance you’ll need - try the LIFEapp needs analysis calculator if you need help
You’ll have cover that is right for you so you are only paying for the cover you need
- What to consider
Insurance cover can be cost effective when included as part of your super
What you’ll need
- Access to Member Online. If you haven’t registered yet, you can do this now. It will take about 10 minutes.
- Call us on 13 43 72
1. Login to Member Online
Choose the login button in the top right corner of our website or click this link to go to Member Online. Use your member number and password to login. If you haven’t registered yet, visit the Member Online registration page to register.
2. Select the Insurance tab
Click on ‘Insurance’ in the menu bar in Member Online.
3. Understand your options
Below the insurance cover table, you can choose from the following options:
- How much insurance do you need? Use this to calculate how much insurance you may need and get a quote
- Change your insurance. You only need this option if you want to reduce or make changes to your current insurance
- Apply for insurance. Even if you already have insurance, choose this option if you would like to increase your cover or apply for new types of cover
4. Work out how much insurance you need
If you click on ‘how much insurance do you need?’ a message will appear redirecting you to the AIA website. AIA is our Insurer.
Click 'continue' to visit AIA's website.
Once you are on the AIA website, click ‘assess your insurance needs’ and follow the prompts.
5. Apply for insurance
If you click ‘apply for insurance’, a message will appear redirecting you to the AIA website. AIA is our insurer.
Click 'continue' to go through to the AIA website and follow the prompts.
Once you are on the AIA website you can:
- Assess your insurance needs
- Get a quote
- Apply for insurance
6. Another way to apply for insurance
Following the steps above using Member Online is the easiest way to apply for insurance cover. If you prefer to work offline, please call us on 13 43 72 for a copy of the ‘insurance application form’.
Thank you for printing this page. Remember to come back to gesb.wa.gov.au for the latest information as our content is updated regularly. This information is correct as at 22 February 2020.