Simple Advice over the phone
Simple Advice is an over-the-phone service where you can talk to one of our experienced consultants, who know and understand our unique schemes. Simple Advice is not financial planning advice.
Simple Advice on investment plans
Simple Advice can help you to understand what investing in super is all about. We can guide you on what investment choices you could make, taking into account how long you want to invest for, and your overall retirement goals. The key things we will cover are:
- How investing in super works
- How your investment timeframe is based on your age, when you plan to retire and when you can access your super
- Discussing your thoughts on risk and return, so we can provide options for the investment plan that would suit you
- Looking at your current investment plan, and comparing it against the plan we recommend for you
- Taking you through the relevant sections of our investments and performance section of the website
After the phone call, you’ll receive a 'Letter of Recommendation' based on your investment profile.
You don't need to know a lot about investing to benefit from Simple Advice. Our consultants can help guide you regardless of how much you know right now.
Simple Advice on contributing to super
For most people, relying on your employer's 9.5% Superannuation Guarantee (SG) contributions alone won't be enough for you to retire on. Adding extra contributions to your super now could help you close the gap you may face in your retirement savings.
Simple Advice can help you work out the options available to you for adding to your super, so you can enjoy the lifestyle you want when you retire. Simple Advice will cover the following topics:
- Salary sacrificing - how it works, the benefits, the tax savings and the best approach for your own situation
- After tax contributions - what they are, how to make them and the benefits of before vs after tax contributions
- How much do you need when you retire? Using the information you provide and our how much do I need calculator, our consultant can show you what you actually need to contribute, to meet your personal retirement goals
How much does it cost?
A fee of $3621 is charged for the Simple Advice service. To pay this, you can either:
- Authorise us to deduct the fee directly from your GESB Super, West State Super or retirement income account.
- Pay the fee by credit with MasterCard or Visa, or debit card.
What you need to provide
To help us provide you with Simple Advice, we'll ask you for some information.
For example, to make recommendations about extra contributions, we'll need to know your gross salary, other assessable income (such as from shares or property investments), how long you want to invest for and your retirement goals.
To get the most out of this service, please have access to a computer if possible, while you are on the phone with us.
To get Simple Advice now: call your Member Services Centre on 13 43 72.
Before your session begins, our Member Services Centre consultants will always discuss what you need, to make sure the service is appropriate for you.
1 This fee is subject to annual indexation, which will be applied on 1 July each year.
- Book into a webinar
- Call us on 13 43 72
Thank you for printing this page. Remember to come back to gesb.wa.gov.au for the latest information as our content is updated regularly. This information is correct as at 26 May 2017.