Member Online: Security and system requirements
The security of Member Online is very important to us, as is the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
GESB uses up-to-date security measures to help protect your information, including security certificates and firewalls. You can also play a part in your security by following a few simple rules.
Using Member Online
- Never click a link in an email to go to the login page. Always login by typing gesb.wa.gov.au into your browser and clicking on the login button (Note: emails from GESB will only ever contain a link directly to Member Online when you have requested a change, for example a change of password or a change of email address)
- Confirm that your data is encrypted by ensuring a padlock symbol appears at the bottom right hand corner of your browser
- Always select 'logout' and close your browser once you have finished
Protect your password
- Change your password at least every 30 days
- Select a password that is difficult to guess and one that you are not using elsewhere
- Do not use sequences or repeat three (3) or more characters
- Do not use any part of your name, telephone number or date of birth
- Do not disclose your password to anyone, including a work colleague, the Police or even a GESB staff member
- Do not write down your password, or disguise it in some other form
- If you suspect that your password has become known to someone else, you should contact us as soon as possible and request to have it changed
System requirements - Internet browsers
Member Online has been tested to work on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
Thank you for printing this page. Remember to come back to gesb.wa.gov.au for the latest information as our content is updated regularly. This information is correct as at 23 March 2019.