Member Online: Terms and conditions
Using Member Online is subject strictly to the following terms and conditions of use. It is important that you read and understand these terms and conditions of use before using this service. By using Member Online, you accept and agree with these terms and conditions of use, as well as GESB's privacy statement and disclaimer.
If you have any questions regarding Member Online or these conditions, please contact your Member Services Centre either by contact us form online or by calling 13 43 72 between 7.30am and 5.30pm (AWST) Monday to Friday.
- What is Member Online?
- Access to Member Online
- Content and tools
- Your conduct
- Your liability
- Your password
- Accuracy of information
- Availability of Member Online
- Termination or suspension of access
- Changes to these conditions
- Email announcements
- Laws applicable
What is Member Online?
It is an interactive internet-based service that allows you, as an authorised member, to:
- View your personal details
- View your account details (including balances and transactions)
- View your member statements
- Access other features available in the future
Access to Member Online
Only registered and authorised GESB members can access and use Member Online. To gain authorisation, you must first complete the registration process and be using the recommended software. When registering, you must provide your GESB member number and submit a password.
We respect your privacy. The complete terms of our privacy statement are incorporated into and made part of this agreement. You can view our privacy statement.
Content and tools
We provide case studies, tools and content on the GESB websites, gesb.wa.gov.au and mol.gesb.wa.gov.au, for your information only. They are not intended to provide investment, legal, tax, or accounting advice, nor to indicate that any particular GESB product or service is available or applicable to your unique circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and for illustrative purposes.
Although we have obtained content from sources we believe are reliable, GESB and its subsidiaries are not responsible for any content provided by third parties. You may wish to consult an appropriate adviser for advice about your unique situation.
You agree that you will not use our Member Online service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions or any other terms, conditions or notices appearing anywhere on our website. You also agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations.
In particular, you agree not to:
- Publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate
- Use any automated scripting tools or software
- Engage in or promote any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming via our website
- Impersonate any person or entity
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available using the website any material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual obligation, or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware
- Breach any applicable laws or regulations
- Use the website to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others
You are solely responsible for any activity or loss caused by use of your personal login information.
You are responsible for any access to this system using your personal login information, including any use you have not approved.
You agree to indemnify GESB and the State of Western Australia against all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, losses, and damages (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred or suffered by the parties as a direct or indirect consequence of your unauthorised use of this system, your breach of these conditions, or your breach of any rights of third parties. This includes use by any other person using your personal login information.
You agree to notify us of any change of address or personal details so we can maintain your account correctly.
If you suspect someone knows your personal login password, you will be liable for any changes made to your contact details, or the distribution of information about your superannuation, which occur before you notify us, if you:
- Tell, give, or show someone your password
- Unreasonably delay notifying us that you suspect someone knows your password
It is your responsibility to:
- Obtain, pay for and maintain any equipment, such as a personal computer and modem, and the recommended software (collectively known as 'the equipment') necessary to access Member Online
- Ensure you take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the equipment, and the privacy of your information
- Ensure that all files on your equipment are free from viruses and other spyware
- Ensure that you take all reasonable steps to protect your password
- Not leave your equipment unattended while your Member Online session is open
To access Member Online for the first time, you will need to choose a password, security question and answer when you register. Your password must contain:
- Password must be between 8 and 32 characters
- At least one alpha character
- At least one numeric character
- At least one upper case character
- At least one lower case character
- At least one special character
It is a requirement of Member Online that you maintain your password to identify yourself.
- You are responsible for protecting your password from becoming known to a third party
- You can be liable for unauthorised actions carried out by unauthorised persons using your personal login information
- You must not keep your password in any form, encoded or decoded, in a location where it may be copied or used by any other person, including any password saving facility
- You must not give, show or tell your password to anyone, including family, friends or financial advisers
- You must exit the Member Online system as soon as you have finished using it, by clicking on the 'Log out' hyperlink
- Member Online allows you three (3) attempts to enter your password. After the third failed attempt to enter your password, your password will be temporarily disabled and your access to Member Online denied. To regain access, you can contact your Member Services Centre to reset your password
- For your privacy and protection, we recommend that you change your password on a regular basis
GESB cannot advise you what your personally-created password is at any time, as we do not have access to it. If you do not know your password, you can use the 'Forgotten your password' service and simply answer your security question to be provided with a link to set a new password. If you can no longer remember the answer to your secret question, please contact your Member Services Centre.
If you suspect someone knows your password, or that your password is being used without authorisation, you must notify your Member Services Centre on 13 43 72 as soon as possible.
Accuracy of information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the information available to you through Member Online is correct. The information displayed on Member Online is either based on the previous day's data or as at the date indicated, but this is subject to change without notice.
Your super benefit entitlement may vary due to a number of reasons, including declared investment returns, your contributions and your salary movements. Information generated by Member Online is only a general illustration of your possible benefit entitlement based on information provided by you and/or your employer as at the date of access.
The accuracy of information we provide on Member Online, in particular benefit entitlement information, is not guaranteed. Your benefit will be determined in accordance with the Act(s) and Regulations governing the Scheme(s). We do not accept responsibility for benefit entitlement information provided on Member Online, and we will not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by reliance on inaccurate benefit entitlement information. This includes any inaccuracy caused by an error or omission made by us.
You must satisfy yourself, by making your own independent enquiries or by seeking written confirmation, that any information provided by Member Online is correct. It is your responsibility to contact us if you think there has been a mistake in a transaction made through the service, or if you believe information you have received through the service is incorrect.
To verify the benefit estimate you receive through Member Online, please contact your Member Services Centre on 13 43 72.
Availability of Member Online
To ensure your experience is productive, we take all reasonable steps to ensure Member Online is available to you. However, it is your responsibility to contact us via another means (email, mail, fax, phone or in person) if your required functions are not available on Member Online.
Occasionally, we may need to perform maintenance on our online services, which may make all or part of Member Online unavailable. Where possible, we will provide a notice on our public website gesb.wa.gov.au of any times or functions of Member Online that may become unavailable.
We are not responsible or liable for Member Online being unable to perform in whole or part any function we have specified it will perform. We are also not responsible or liable for the unavailability of the service, or delays or errors in the execution of any transaction, because of the failure of the communication network, or any other equipment or circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue Member Online. If we do exercise this right, we will not be liable to you or any third party.
Termination or suspension of access
We may terminate or suspend your access to Member Online at any time, for any reason. We will do so if we are aware of fraudulent access to your superannuation information, or that your account is being accessed contrary to these terms and conditions of use.
We are not responsible for terminating access to Member Online in the event of fraudulent use of which we were unaware. We are not liable for any loss or damage suffered because of fraudulent use of any Member Online benefit information that is beyond our reasonable control.
You may choose to suspend or terminate your access to Member Online, at any time, by notifying your Member Services Centre by phone or letter. If you wish to cancel your access to Member Online because you suspect fraudulent access to your accounts, please advise us of this when cancelling your access so we can act quickly.
In certain circumstances, we may, with or without notice, notify and provide any relevant information to the appropriate authorities.
If your access to Member Online is suspended or ceased for any reason, GESB's disclaimers and limitations of liability will remain in force and effect but you will no longer be authorised to access Member Online.
If you have not used GESB's Member Online service for more than two (2) years, GESB can terminate your access without notice. You may re-register for the service by simply going through the registration process again.
Changes to these conditions
These current terms and conditions of use replace any other previously published terms and conditions of use on GESB's website. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notification, by publishing the varied terms and conditions of use on this website from the date of effect of the changes. You accept that, by doing this, we have provided you with sufficient notice of the variation.
GESB's website and Member Online uses persistent cookies, which remain on your equipment until you erase them or they expire. They enable us to remember you on subsequent visits and enhance your experience of the services or functions offered. They cannot be used to access your accounts or personal details. You can modify your personal computer settings at any time to prevent cookies from being stored.
When you are registered for Member Online you may periodically receive personalised messages by email containing information and offers from GESB. At any time, you may elect to discontinue receiving these materials by notifying us.
To not receive future emails from us, you should refer to our privacy statement on this website and advise us by:
- Using the unsubscribe feature provided on our emails
- Submitting a contact us form online
- Calling your Member Services Centre on 13 43 72 between 7.30am and 5.30pm (AWST) Monday to Friday
These terms and conditions and the use of Member Online are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Western Australia, Australia. If any portion of these conditions is found by a court to be unenforceable, the remainder of these conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
To assist any enquiries or complaints regarding your Member Online service, we have produced a 'Resolving your complaint' brochure that outlines how to make a complaint, and our process to resolve complaints. We encourage you to read this brochure before lodging your complaint with us. You can download a copy of this brochure, or you can get a copy posted out to you by calling your Member Services Centre on 13 43 72.
Except where necessary for viewing the information on our website on your browser, or as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or other applicable laws or these terms and conditions of use, no information on this website may be reproduced, adapted, uploaded to a third party, linked to, framed, performed in public, distributed or transmitted in any form by any process without our specific written consent.
Government Employees Superannuation Board: includes we, our, us and GESB.
Member number: the number displayed on your member statement and welcome letter.
Personal login information: your member number and password.
References to "you", "your" and "yours" are references to the person(s) accessing this website.
Date of Publication - 1 April 2017 Version 2.1
Thank you for printing this page. Remember to come back to gesb.wa.gov.au for the latest information as our content is updated regularly. This information is correct as at 16 July 2018.