How to close your account

You can close your account or make withdrawals of $1,000 or more by completing and submitting a Withdrawal form.

We aim to process your application within 10 working days after receiving your form and necessary information, including information from your employer. However, there are circumstances where it may take us longer to process your request.

1. Download the Withdrawal form

First, click the link to download the Withdrawal form. This form only applies if you have a Retirement Income Pension (including RI Allocated Pension and Transition to Retirement Pension) account. If you have a RI Term Allocated Pension account, call us on 13 43 72 for details.

When you complete your Withdrawal form, you’ll need to complete six sections. You might like to print the form first then use this page as a guide as you complete each section.

2. Provide your personal details

Withdrawal form - your details

These details include your member number, your Retirement Income Pension account number, name, date of birth and contact details.

You can find your member number and account number on any statement you’ve received from us.

3. Select your withdrawal option

You can use this form to make a full withdrawal if you tick the first option, this effectively closes your account. If you want to make a partial payment only, download the Partial payment form.

Withdrawal form - withdraw options

4. We'll need your bank account details

Withdrawal form - bank details

For security purposes provide a copy of your bank statement showing your full name, the bank’s name, BSB number and account number. If providing an internet bank statement add your signature, printed name and date to the page. Credit card, business or ‘trading as’ accounts, overseas, and third party payments are not allowed.

5. Do you want to roll your money over into another super fund?

Withdrawal form - roll over to other fund

You can also use this form if you want your balance rolled over to another super fund or self-managed super fund (SMSF). We may have to make a pro-rata pension payment before processing your roll over request.

If you want to roll over to more than one fund, you can photocopy this form and complete section 4 for each fund you want to roll in to.

We’ll need the details for your other fund(s) including:

  • The fund’s name and address
  • Unique Superannuation Identifier (USI)
  • Your member number with that fund

If you are rolling your balance over to a self-managed super fund (SMSF), then you’ll need to provide:

  • The ABN and fund name
  • The contact number
  • Your membership number with that fund

Withdrawal form - roll over to SMSF

You’ll also need to indicate if you want the payment by cheque or directly into the SMSF’s bank account. For your security, you’ll need to provide a copy of the SMFS’s bank statement which includes the name, the bank’s name and BSB number as well as the account number. If you are providing an internet bank statement, please add your signature, printed name and date to the page.

You’ll need to complete the relevant boxes on the form to confirm your bank account details.

6. Have you provided certified proof of identity to us?

Withdrawal form - proof of identity

If you have, and your details have not changed, you don't need to supply new certified proof of identity with this form.

If some of your details have changed, you will need to provide new proof of identity with this form. Find out more about how to provide certified proof of identification.

7. Read the declaration and sign the acknowledgement

This image shows ‘Section 6- Declaration and signature’ section of the Withdrawal form. In this section, you need to read and agree to the declaration by signing and dating the form.

You’ll need to read the declaration and confirm that the information provided is correct. You’ll need to have read the Retirement Income Pension Product Information Booklet, and be aware we don’t provide financial advice in relation to your decision.

We will send you confirmation when we’ve completed your instructions. We’ve also provided a checklist so it is easier to see what documents or information you need to provide us.

Find out more about how to provide certified proof of identification.

8. Send the form in

Now that you’ve completed and signed the withdrawal form, you need to send your completed form and supporting documentation to:

PO Box J 755
Perth WA 6842

Australia Post can take up to six business days to deliver regular mail. Please take this into account when submitting your form to us, especially when you need to meet a processing deadline.

We’re here to help

If you have questions about closing your account or need more help with the Withdrawal form, please call us on 13 43 72.

Page last updated 30 January 2020