Combine your super
If you've worked for a number of different employers, you might have a number of super accounts. It’s easy to combine, or roll over, your super into one account – and we’re here to help. We can even contact your other super funds and arrange the transfer for you.
We don’t charge a fee to roll your other super into your GESB account
If you combine your super funds into your GESB Super or West State Super account, you can streamline your super. Here’s how:
- You’ll stop paying fees for all of your other accounts and could save money with our fees being below the industry median1
- You’ll simplify your paperwork with just one super account
- You can control how your super is invested by choosing your own investment plan
If you combine your super into the account you hold with us, your retirement savings will be invested with WA’s largest locally-based fund with around $33 billion in Funds under Management (as at 31 March 2021). We can combine all your super funds at no extra cost and your super will be automatically invested in your current choice of investment plan.
Things to consider before combining your super
- You may wish to check whether your other super funds will charge a transfer or exit fee before you combine your super
- If you choose to leave your other super fund(s), you may lose any insurance benefits you have with them. Find out more about our insurance cover in our Insurance and your super brochure
- You may wish to delay combining your super until you have replacement insurance cover in place, or alternatively, you could consider keeping a small amount of super in your other super funds to keep the insurance
- You might want to speak to your other super fund(s), or a suitably qualified advisor, about how your insurance will be affected if you close your other account(s)
Choose which fund to combine your super into
To simplify your super, you need to choose which fund you want to roll all your super into. You can ask us to roll your other super into your GESB Super or West State Super account through Member Online or by completing a form.
If you want to roll your super out of the account you hold with us into one of your other funds, please make sure you make an informed decision. It’s very important that you understand the unique features and benefits of your super before you roll it out, especially if you have a West State Super or Gold State Super account.
Use myGov to combine your super
The quickest way to roll over your super into your GESB account is via your myGov account, which gives you access to online government services.
Once you’ve created a myGov account:
- Link your myGov account to the ATO
- Select ‘Super’ and then ‘Manage’
- Select ‘Transfer super’. This option will only appear if you have more than one account
- Transfer your balance to GESB
Note: this option is not available for Gold State Super accounts.
Use Member Online to combine your super
You can also combine your super into your GESB account by using Member Online. You’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to do this in our Member Online help guide. Once we’ve received your request, your money is usually rolled into your account within one week.
Not registered for Member Online yet? It is easy to register, and you’ll be able to keep track of your super at all times.
Complete a consolidation form
Another way to combine your super into your GESB account is to complete a Super consolidation form for each super fund you want to roll into the account you hold with us. You may need to send the forms to us with certified proof of identity.
We no longer accept UK pension transfers
Our West State Super and GESB Super schemes are no longer listed as Qualified Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes (QROPS). This means we no longer accept UK pension transfers.
Please note: you can’t use BPAY to roll money into your GESB account from a Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF).
1 SuperRatings Smart database as at 31 December 2020. Based on an average balance of $50,000, GESB Super and West State Super's fees are below the industry median.
- Consider getting financial advice before combining your super
- Call us on 13 43 72
Thank you for printing this page. Remember to come back to gesb.wa.gov.au for the latest information as our content is updated regularly. This information is correct as at 25 June 2021.