Our GESB member charter
GESB is a WA Government statutory authority.
- Under the State Superannuation Act 2000, our Board oversees the strategic direction and management of a global investment portfolio of over $25 billion as at 31 August 2017 on behalf of current and former WA public sector workers.
We put members first
The services we provide and the way in which we provide them are designed to help you improve your financial future. We offer:
- A range of super, insurance and retirement products
- Seminars and webinars on a number of topics at no cost to you
- Access to our products and services online or over the phone
- Member Online an online portal to help you manage your super easily and securely
- A variety of ways for members with special needs to access information about their super
- And, for those members who have more specific needs, we offer services such as Simple Advice and Retirement Options Service at a cost to you
We make it easy for you to track and manage your super
You can find electronic Member Statements in Member Online - your secure, personal online super account. eStatements have the same information as a mailed statement and:
- Help keep your fees low
- Give you easy access to all of your Member Statements in one place
- Are kinder on the environment
- Are available earlier than a paper statement
Once you have registered for eStatements, we'll send you an email when your statement is available in Member Online. We may also email you about product updates and other important changes to your super account.
eStatements will become the default way to receive your statements, but you can still choose to receive a paper statement in the mail once this initiative is introduced.
Communication is very important to us
We manage the super of over 270,000 current and former WA public sector employees. This keeps us busy. If you get in touch with us:
- By phone - we aim to answer phone calls (during our Member Service Centre hours) within 30 seconds and to return calls within two business days.
- In writing - we aim to respond to written enquiries within five business days.
- By email - we aim to respond to emails within five business days.
Find out how to contact us.
If you let us know about your needs, we can provide super information in languages other than English. We can also provide Braille or audio for vision impaired members.
Benefit payments - Gold State Super, West State Super, GESB Super and Retirement Income Pension
We aim to process your request within 20 working days of receiving your form and all necessary information. However, there are circumstances where it may take us longer to process your request.
We support WA public sector employers
Our key account managers arrange regular visits with employers. They provide support, easy-to-understand information and to train staff in super administration. We also send employers regular email updates with the latest information on super.
We take your privacy very seriously
We respect your privacy when handling your personal information. Read our privacy statement.
We'd like to know if our service hasn't met your expectations. Find out more.
Thank you for printing this page. Remember to come back to gesb.wa.gov.au for the latest information as our content is updated regularly. This information is correct as at 23 October 2017.